Enjoy one of the dry seasons in the Caribbean side of Costa Rica. If you like hot weather this is the perfect time to visit and enjoy !!!
Events and Holidays
- Festival Internacional de las Artes - FIA (March 18 - 28, 2010)
The International Festival of the Arts is the biggest artistic event in San José, Costa Rica's most important cultural party. Since 1990 this Festival gathers national and international artists in one big celebration that lasts for 10 days. This year it will include different groups from Northern Europe, Asia, Africa and the best of America.
- Nesting Period Olive Ridley Sea Turtle
The Olive Ridley Turtle, also known as the Pacific Ridley is one of the smallest sea turtle, eventhough it can weigh as much as 45 kg (100 lbs) and have a length of up to 75 cm (30 in). It is named for the olive-green color of its heart-shaped shell.
- Location: Pacific coast
- Hatching: 50 to 60 days
- Nesting Period: Close to a moon season
- Nesting Period Leatherback turtles
Leatherback sea turtles are the largest living marine reptiles and live almost their entire lives at sea. The only times that they are on land is when the female turtles lay eggs, and when hatchlings emerge from the nest and make their way to ocean.
- Location: National Park Las Baulas, Playa Grande.
- Hatching: 50 to 70 days
- Nesting Period: December to March
- Nesting Period Pacific Green Sea Turtle
Green turtles are the largest of all the hard-shelled sea turtles. They are one of the few species so ancient that they watched the dinosaurs evolve and become extinct.
- Location: Playa Naranjo.
- Hatching:50 to 55 days
- Nesting Period: October to March
- Día del Boyero Nacional Parade (National Oxman Day Parade) Second Sunday of March
Don’t miss the colorful oxcarts’ parade, still pulled by oxen. Oxcarts contests and blessing of the animals and crops by local priests. San Antonio de Escazú, San José
- National Orchid Exhibit (Middle of March)
An exhibit of more than 500 local and foreign species.
- Day of the Patron Saint San José (March 19th)
- Ujarrás (March 19th)
Religious procession starting in downtown Cartago to the ruins of the first Catholic church built in Costa Rica, located in the town of Ujarrás.
- «« Start
- « Prev
- Next »
- End »»