February is a good month to travel in Costa Rica, still onsidered high season, but not so cramped as the last two months. Still summer weather in almost all the country except for the Caribbean side that can average 8 inches of rain.
Events and Holidays
- Nesting Period Olive Ridley Sea Turtle
The Olive Ridley Turtle, also known as the Pacific Ridley is one of the smallest sea turtle, eventhough it can weigh as much as 45 kg (100 lbs) and have a length of up to 75 cm (30 in). It is named for the olive-green color of its heart-shaped shell.
- Location: Pacific coast
- Hatching: 50 to 60 days
- Nesting Period: Close to a moon season
- Nesting Period Leatherback turtles
Leatherback sea turtles are the largest living marine reptiles and live almost their entire lives at sea. The only times that they are on land is when the female turtles lay eggs, and when hatchlings emerge from the nest and make their way to ocean.
- Location: National Park Las Baulas, Playa Grande.
- Hatching: 50 to 70 days
- Nesting Period: December to March
- Nesting Period Pacific Green Sea Turtle
Green turtles are the largest of all the hard-shelled sea turtles. They are one of the few species so ancient that they watched the dinosaurs evolve and become extinct.
- Location: Playa Naranjo.
- Hatching:50 to 55 days
- Nesting Period: October to March
- Fair for San Isidro del General (First week of February)
- Fiesta de los Diablitos (Festival of the Small Devils) Last week of February
- Carnival at Puntarenas (Last week of February)
One whole week of celebrations and parades under the sun.
- Festival de Chirripó (Last week of February)
The town of San Gerardo carries out a four day party know as ‘La Carrera Ecológica Cultural Internacional Campo Traviesa Chirripó’ – The International Ecological and Cultural Cross Country Run.
- «« Start
- « Prev
- Next »
- End »»